Wednesday, October 17, 2007

O-5

I went to the bank to make a deposit into my new bank account and apparently they made some sort of a mistake and I have to re-open an account all over again. If your just catching up on the bank saga, I have tried now 4 times to open an account and thought I was finally succesful but apparently 5 failed right at the final buzzer. I will win, I don't know how, but I am gonna give these people my business if it's the last thing I do.

Just got back from Utah for a week, went home to take care of some things and hang with an awesome girl I met a few months ago named Kim. We had a blast and it was a nice break from the craziness that I have been dealing with here. I am also glad I got to catch some conference and a week of the fall season.

My flight home was crazy, we could not land in Costa Rica so I ended up in Panama at 4 AM, they did take good care of us with hotels and such. I got sick on the flight down, fever, aches, and chills + delayed flights and traveling = perfect storm. When I got to CR I found out that the two guys flying in to work for me were nowhere to be found and they were supposed to arrive a day before me. We finally got in touch with each other that night, I am getting better, and everything is moving forward with or without a bank account. So I am hopefully moving to Dominical once and for all tomorrow. I called my landlady today to tell her that I would be moving in with two other guys and needless to say she was not pleased, 3 guys in a one bedroom bungalow....what landlord wouldn't want that? I told her we would be super clean and that she could kick us out if she wasn't happy...this could get interesting fast.

I hope I don't sound like I am complaing, cause I am having an absolute blast here and I know this is what starting a business is all about. However, maybe someday it would be nice to write something like "everything is going as planned and nothing new here".....someday.

ps- The road to Dominical is closed for two weeks because of landslides from heavy rains, now I have to take the long way (5 hours driving as opposed to 3).....touche!

4 comments:

Muranda said...

It seems that whenever you are doing the right thing, you are met with adversity. (I almost just typed diversity..that would have been funny!) Anyway, keep plugging, I think it is great that you are doing this. I totally forgot to call you while you were here, so does your cell work in Costa Rica? I am sorry.

chiggidy said...

Wow! Costa Rica...I thought I was adventurous, but you win!

How are you? I found your blog through Muranda (thanks Muranda for admitting you were blog-stalking!) and it's so much fun to see what you've been up to.

Hope all is well and good luck with the biz...I might have to come take one of your 10-day adventures since I've never been to CR.

Courtnie

Molly Koch said...

roo - you had me laughing at this one... doesn't it always seem like once one thing goes wrong- it all does. can't wait to see pics of the three of you in the one bedroom :) and i can't wait to hear about kim... that is big throwing that up on the blog! miss you, love your bum- molls

Chad said...

Agreed Smalls, that was big... and now that we've called it out twice it's even bigger. Take that Roo! Roo, where you been on IM this week? I got mad ideas for your biz. By the way did you almost throw up on the plane? You should publish your stories about throwing up, always a good laugh!